Monday, December 3, 2012

Expanding Our Horizons

Watching Pulp Fiction for the 813th time this morning, the final scene gave me a little motivation. Jules, having witness his miracle, thinks about getting out of the game, walking the earth, becoming, as Vincent says, "a bum". Not the normal thought process one would have over a cup of coffee and a muffin, but we're not talking about a run-of-the-mill type of cat here, either. When asked about the timing of the decision, Jules says that he had, "as alcoholics call it, a Moment of Clarity". Hmmm, so its not just a Jay-Z song off the Black Album after all.

This scene got me thinking. I love this Ball So Hard Hoops blog. I really need to spend more time on it. To that point: why stop at Celtics basketball, or the NBA in general? Sure, there are some great topics right now: Restgate, the Rondo/Mr. Kardashian scuffle, early season surprises and disappointments, and the horror show in LA and trust me, I'm going to get to them. But as I get rolling on Twitter and realize I'm starting or chiming in on a ton of topics, I realized, something like our man Jules, that its time for something more.

Here it is: Ball So Hard Hoops is gone. Welcome to Ball So Hard Sports. No limits. Any sport, any topic. I know there are a couple of you ready to goad me into some topics and I'm more than ready. Debating sports is America's true pastime. Let's get it going here. You may love what I have to say, you may hate it. To each their own...but until you put fingers to keyboard, you're stuck with mine!

I'm going to give my opinions on the hottest topics, some long, some short, but we'll catch it all here. I'll do my best to stay unbiased, but as you see from the background of this page, there are a few teams that the rose-colored (or green, or blue, etc.) glasses will stay on, even a little, but it will be fun.

I don't have some prophetic Ezekiel 25:17 stuff to lay down on you before I exit, but trust me, we're going to have some fun here, kids. I guess we owe it to Tarantino and Samuel L., plus a few good friends and Twitter followers for the final nudge.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment